New Executive Committee and Officers elected at Brahman Membership Meeting
March 18th, 2017 by brahmanabba
HOUSTON – The American Brahman Breeders Association (ABBA) elected new leadership roles for its executive committee and officers at its 93rd Annual Membership Meeting held at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo in Houston on March 8th.
The ABBA Annual Membership Meeting was held at the NRC Center during the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo in conjunction with the ABBA International Brahman Show.
George Kempfer was installed as the new ABBA president on March 8, along with a new executive committee and officers. Kempfer lives in St. Cloud, Florida, with his family where they run a Registered Brahman and large commercial cattle operation. This way of life seems to run in his blood as he is a descendant of the Partin family, who was one of the founding breeders of the ABBA and played an influential role in Florida’s agriculture.
“We will work hard to move this great breed forward,” Kempfer said. “I’m huge on quality and performance. I think it’s extremely important and something we’ll continue to put a lot of effort towards. I think it’s huge for our domestic and international markets.”
Kempfer said he is looking forward to his year in office and especially the opportunity to collaborate with the members of the breed.
“It’s an honor to be asked to represent such a great breed and such a great group of people,” he said, “So we look forwarding to working with you down the road.”
The following is a list of the new ABBA officers:
• President: George Kempfer of St. Cloud, Florida
• Vice President: Loren Pratt of Maricopa, Arizona
• Secretary/Treasurer: Jim Bob Trant of Anderson, Texas
The following is a list of the new Executive Committee:
• J.D. Sartwelle of Sealy, Texas (the retiring president)
• Larry Ford of Greenwood, Florida
• Dr. Scott Satterfield of Palestine, Texas
• Rick Butler of Mt. Vernon, Texas
• Craig Fontenot of Ville Platte, Louisiana
• Joe Ward of George West, Texas
• Larry Barthle of San Antonio, Florida
The ABBA leadership is looking forward to another great year improving the Brahman breed and advancing its members.